U_P_D_A_T_E__1_2___I_S___H_E_R_E___!!!

Here the Doom & Destiny team will announce all news regarding the game and the world of indies in general. Posts here are strictly moderated.

Moderators: Benjamin, Megamind

U_P_D_A_T_E__1_2___I_S___H_E_R_E___!!!

Postby Megamind » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:15 pm

-------PLEASE READ-----------

For everybody who did not update yet, there is a serious glitch if you load an
old savegame in a location with lighting enabled.
If possible please save the game in an outdoor location BEFORE updating.

----------THANKYOU-----------

the update is real! 1.2 is out.
just check what's new here on this list!

- 4 new dungeons where the final reward is a power up version of one of the MAGIC RINGS
- 3 arenas
- Red Ninja (santa) house, fight, red ninja's shop
- Mage Tower completely explorable
- Fishermen Houses that can call back your boat.
- Overall combat/enemies rebalance
- Around 10 new weapons/armors (most of them are in the Mage Tower) plus a lot more as unique rewards in the Arenas
- New Side Quest -> Hocus Pocus
- Cockatrice Side Quest Fixed
- Rebalance of all the Powers in the game (from damage/mp cost to sell location)
- New powers added (Combustion, Ice Wall, Charges, all the powers sold at the Mage Tower)
- New Passive Powers (that cost 2 PP)
- Rebalancing of the effect of SPD,EVA,CRI and RES
- Spelling errors fixed (most of)
- Fixed Amazing Bullman transition into bushes;
- Fixed Judas randomly appearing after being killed;
- Chapter 3 dungeon light and Zeppeling bug from old save files are now fixable by a character in Dark Eidous lab
- Level cap increased to 40 (was 30), skill cap increased to 78 (was 55)
- Secret Boss is now much stronger, balanced for a 40 lvl party with powered rings
- 3 new secrets to discover!
+ New lighting system, faster, more realistic and subtle lights and shadows
+ New binary save system (abt 10 times faster)
+ Fixed a bug where savefiles became bigger and bigger every time slowing down the game
+ Controller now rumbles when screen shakes
+ Screen shakes when player or enemy get hit
+ Added an HP/MP bar animation so when damaged/healed the bar fills slowly
+ Added a smart bar that indicates an average effect that an action has on HP/MP of a friend/foe
+ Added Minimap markers for visited locations
+ Animation graphic size reduced to make loading faster

shit just got real!
If I can't code it, it doesn't exist.
Megamind

Re: U_P_D_A_T_E__1_2___I_S___H_E_R_E___!!!

Postby derMrBen » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:03 pm

awsome :shock:

you are great! ....
derMrBen

Postby wataru14 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:07 pm

So where are the 4 new dungeons? And the red ninja house?
wataru14

Postby Megamind » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:22 am

Eheh nice try man, I can only say 3 out of 4 are only reachable by boat...
Don't say i didn't help ya :-D
Megamind

Postby Draco1985 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:09 am

ok, um i just downloaded the update and i have a glitch(i think) i had last saved inside the ice dungeon that has the ice dragon and.... well i cant see anything. like if i were to try to enter the first dungeon w/o the magic candle. so uh, im stuck cause i cant figure how to get out since i cant see anything, i am trying to just run around aimlessly to get out but its not working, i can see just a little bit though cause of the colored candles in the cave but its not enough. I am going to try for a bit longer but i am wondering if maybe i can get a map of this place sent to my email or something. if i knew exactly what the dungeon looked like i could most likely get out. anyways let me know, thank you
Draco1985

Postby Megamind » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:51 am

Ok, this is issue number one, and it's kinda bad... My fault, please keep the old savegame if you experience the darkness bug so we can solve it next update.

So the problem is: the new lightning system uses new parameters so if we load an old save wich has already those parameters set it will likely not work giving a impossible to see screen.

Solution:
1) find a way to exit to the nearest non dark map, then the bad parameters will be wiped out and you're ready to go
2) wait until we fix this son of a bitch

For draco:
Depending on where you are getting to the lollypop factory might be extremely hard, i'm sending you pics of the rooms. Let me know if you manage to get out to the light.

Cave near I.C.E. Storage room

Cave near Icepops Factory

Central cave with trees and glowing mushrooms

Lake cave, dragon antichamber

Dragon room
Megamind

Postby Draco1985 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:38 am

THANK YOU!!!!!!! Love this game so much and i was getting sad thinking i might have to start over again to get to experience the update!!! Keep it up guys!!
Draco1985

Postby goose_goldwing » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:05 am

hey guys, great job with the progress. i am addicted to DnD atm. however i came across a new major glitch. story short, i used old savefile to explore up to dark eid's place. before entering the castle i explored the helipad then entered. (to see if i was brought there like the last glitch) bought stuff n talked to everyone. even dark himself. noticed we can still go home i saved and checked it out. now everytime i load, i cant leave the castle without running directly down (as if i was flying there with benjamin) just to get stuck on the mountain. the last thing i did before that was see the boat dude who whistles for you. i have no problem with glitches but ever since this, i cant even start a new game without it shutting down on me with code 4. hence me msgn you. so now i cant continue my awesome old save or make a new game without it turning off within 5 minutes.
goose_goldwing

Postby goose_goldwing » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:10 am

please help with the above statement. MUCH appreciated. forgot to mention that judus followed mefrom the bridge to the boat then darks place. i would love to take advantage of your updates :)
goose_goldwing

Postby Benjamin » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:18 am

goose_goldwing wrote:hey guys, great job with the progress. i am addicted to DnD atm. however i came across a new major glitch. story short, i used old savefile to explore up to dark eid's place. before entering the castle i explored the helipad then entered. (to see if i was brought there like the last glitch) bought stuff n talked to everyone. even dark himself. noticed we can still go home i saved and checked it out. now everytime i load, i cant leave the castle without running directly down (as if i was flying there with benjamin) just to get stuck on the mountain. the last thing i did before that was see the boat dude who whistles for you. i have no problem with glitches but ever since this, i cant even start a new game without it shutting down on me with code 4. hence me msgn you. so now i cant continue my awesome old save or make a new game without it turning off within 5 minutes.

in 1.2 we acknowledged a big issue.
once you finish the game and you are back to the lab, you CAN'T explore the world since you will be pushed around the world map by an old event.
sorry, a lot. we have already fixed the problem, but due to Xbox limitations, the fix wouldn't be out before the end of next week i'm so sorry since is my fault
we will make up for the inconvenient.
-I AM THE GAME MASTER!
-Gay master?
-No! Not gay, GAME master!
Benjamin

Next

Return to News and Announcements