Arena Guide **Spoilers**

Are you stuck somewhere in the game? Can't you find the last Dragon Orb or you just wish to suggest the best strategy for the game?
If you enter this forum watch out for spoilers!

Moderators: Benjamin, Megamind

Arena Guide **Spoilers**

Postby Krillin56 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:37 pm

=================================================================
*********************************************************************************************
**********************************BEWARE SPOILERS*************************************
*********************************************************************************************
=================================================================

This is a guide to all three Arenas in the game. A couple of things to note about Arenas, you have to buy ticket to participate and you earn no Golz, exp or items for killing enemies; only Tokens for reaching a certain wave. In between waves, Knocked out party members are revived and also food and water rations are used. HP and MP are completely restored for free after you quit or are defeated. If you lose you still get the previous wave's reward, so it doesn't hurt to try to get as far as possible. An Arena ticket costs 50 Golz and any Tokens earn can be used in any of the three Token shops.

*The Chart below list who can use each piece of equipment.

Equipment Key

Johnny only - {J}
Francis only - {F}
Nigel only - {N}
Mike only - {M}
Usable by All - {A}

Arena I - (Recommend levels 10 to 15)

Location: In the desert town located between the King's Bridge and Death Mountain on the World Map.

WAVE 1: Warg x1, White Wolf x2, Grey Wolf x3 REWARD: Arena Token x1

Very Easy; Wolves may cause random Bleed status

WAVE 2: Fighter x1, Mercenary x1, Sandman x1, Scoundrel x2, Thief x2 REWARD: Arena Token x2

Easy; Scoundrels may cause random Silence status, Thievies will cause random SPD down.

WAVE 3: Ork x2, Orcubus x2, Super Ork x4 REWARD: Arena Tokens x4

A bit more difficult, all Orks are Fire resistant. Make sure to kill the Orcubus first, then the Super Orks.

WAVE 4: Armored Dude x3, Armored Man x3, REWARD: Arena Tokens x8

The armored enemies are weak to Bashing and Thunder attacks; they only use physical attacks/self heals. Kill the Armored Man first.

WAVE 5: BOSS Jelatinous Blob x1, Jelly, Eucalyptus x3, Jelly, Mint x3 REWARD: Arena Tokens x16

The Jellies are weak to Slashing attacks so take them down first; the Mint ones cast Ice attacks and the Eucalyptus ones cast random Stat Down effects. The Jelatinous Blob is weak to Ice attacks.

Token Shop

3 Tokens - Arena Gold: (sell for 50 Golz)
8 Tokens - Castle Shield {J}: (EVA +7, MaxHP +40, SPD -5)
10 Tokens - 3rd Eye {F}: (EVA +9, MaxHP +5)
10 Tokens - Ironskin Belt {A}: (STR +5, MaxHP +25, Immunity to Poison and STR Down)
10 Tokens - Headband of Clearness {A}: (SPI +5, MaxMP +25, Immunity to Confused and SPI Down)
21 Tokens - Shaman Mantle {N}: (RES +8, MaxHP +125, MaxMP +45)
27 Tokens - Blunderbuss {M}: (STR +27, CRI +10)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arena II - (Recommend levels 15 to 20)

Location: In the Elven Lands, there is a tower South-East the Small Village/Elven town where you can find this Arena.

WAVE 1: Super Ork x2, Super Orcubus x4 REWARD: Arena Token x2

Orks are Fire resistant. Kill the Super Orcubus first, rest should be easy.

WAVE 2: Winter Wolf x2 White Wolf x3 REWARD: Arena Token x4

The wolves are immune to all Ice attacks and Frozen status effects, but weak to fire. Not too difficult, just kill the white wolves first.

WAVE 3: Super Skeletank x3, Nazzighoul x3, Super Skelezard x1 REWARD: Arena Tokens x8

Kill the Nazzighoul and Super Skelezard first because they will use strong Fire/Ice/Thunder spells on your party. The Nazzighoul are resistant to all physical attacks.

WAVE 4: Dark Elf Warrior x3, Dark Elf Dirge Bard x3 REWARD: Arena Tokens x14

A pretty tough battle, all the Dark Elves are resistant to Slashing, Piercing and Fire damage. The Dark Elf Bards will heal, so kill them first. The Dark Elf Warriors will cause random SPD Down status.

WAVE 5: BOSS Treant x1, Monstrous Plant x4 REWARD: Arena Tokens x24

All the enemies are weak to Slashing, Fire and Ice damage. Kill the plants first because they cause random Poison, Sleep and Stat Down status; then kill the Treant.

Token Shop

9 Tokens - Blessed Symbol {M}: (SPI +9, CRI +5)
16 Tokens - Eco Book {N}: (SPI +14, RES +8)
20 Tokens - Ruby Amulet {A}: (RES +10, Immunity to Fire/Burnt Status and SPI Down)
20 Tokens - Silver Amulet {A}: (RES +10, Immunity to Ice/Freeze Status and SPI Down)
20 Tokens - Obsidian Amulet {A}: (RES +10, Immunity to Thunder/Cursed Status and SPI Down)
27 Tokens - Nunchuk {F}: (STR +30, SPD +7, EVA +5)
40 Tokens - Wild Armor {J}: (RES +15, MaxHP +160, MaxMP +25 )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arena III - (Recommend levels 35 to 40)

Location: At the very top of the Mage Tower, south of River town. You will need the "Arcanum Paper" and Nigel as the group leader to enter the top floor of the Mage Tower.

WAVE 1: Grand Priest x2, Grand Wizard x3 REWARD: Arena Token x4

Kill the Priests first, then the Wizards. Not too difficult, just watch out for the Grand Wizard's Fire/Ice spells.

WAVE 2: Grand Sorcerer x2, Grand Oracle x3 REWARD: Arena Token x8

The Grand Oracles will buff and heal everyone else, so kill them first. The Grand Sorcerers will use strong Bashing, Slashing and Thunder attacks, so beware.

WAVE 3: Mana Golem x3 REWARD: Arena Tokens x16

Mana Golems are completely immune to elemental magic, so use only physical attacks or abilities. They will cast either Force Shield (Physical resistance) or Berserk (Increases Stats+), so make sure you equip Nigel with Disjunction Blast to get rid of the buffs (it’s the only Power strong enough).

WAVE 4: Rubber Golem x3 REWARD: Arena Tokens x26

Rubber Golems are completely immune to physical attacks, so use only elemental magic or abilities. They will cast either Magic Shield (Magic resistance) or Berserk (Increases Stats+), so make sure you equip Nigel with Disjunction Blast to get rid of the buffs (it’s the only Power strong enough).

WAVE 5: BOSS Arch Mage REWARD: Arena Tokens x 40

Will use every spell in the game. Kill him quickly before he has a chance to do some damage and you should be fine.

Token Shop

65 Tokens - Spirit Greatsword {J}: (SPI +75)
65 Tokens - Mace of Destruction {N}: (STR +75)
65 Tokens - Spirit Blaster {M}: (SPI +65)
65 Tokens - Spirit Whip {F}: (SPI +75)
65 Tokens - Eldritch Armor {J}: (SPD +10, RES +5, MaxHP +150, MaxMP +150)
65 Tokens - Battle Mage Cape {N}: (RES +25, MaxHP +250)
65 Tokens - Preposterous Signlet {M}: (SPD +10, EVA +5, MaxHP +100, MaxMP +175)
65 Tokens - Soul Vest {F}: (SPD +10, EVA +10, MaxHP +75, MaxMP +150)

**If you notice any spelling mistakes, omissions, or inaccurate information; please let me know.
Last edited by Krillin56 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We have clearly reached a point where only rampant and unchecked stabbing can save us. --Black Mage (8-Bit Theatre) ;)
Krillin56

Re: Arena Guide **Spoilers**

Postby DozenMarks » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:26 pm

Well, not sure as I haven't done the final arena yet, but I would imagine that Johnny's armor doesn't give +1150 MP.

If it does, that's amazing and I want that ASAP.
DozenMarks

Postby Krillin56 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:56 pm

DozenMarks wrote:Well, not sure as I haven't done the final arena yet, but I would imagine that Johnny's armor doesn't give +1150 MP.

If it does, that's amazing and I want that ASAP.

***Fixed
We have clearly reached a point where only rampant and unchecked stabbing can save us. --Black Mage (8-Bit Theatre) ;)
Krillin56

Postby Benjamin » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:54 am

EPIC!
you even found a few small issued and bugs that I forgot to fix! 8-)
-I AM THE GAME MASTER!
-Gay master?
-No! Not gay, GAME master!
Benjamin

Postby Krillin56 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:48 pm

Benjamin wrote:EPIC!
you even found a few small issued and bugs that I forgot to fix! 8-)

The Rubber Golems casting Force Shield, when they probably should be casting Magic Shield instead might be one those ones. I have to say even with that, both Golem fights are tough if you’re not prepared for them (and well designed too).

Funny story… I was fighting the Mana Golems for the first time and this was my exact thought process.

*Me: Ok, first I will hit these guys with “Fire Wall” and… huh?.. they’re immune to magic, well that Sucks! :|

*Me: No problem, I’ll just hit them with Johnny’s Warrior’s Challenge and Francis’ Sneak Att…*Casts Force Shield*.. what? Seriously? :?

*Me: Alright… I can still do a little damage to them even with Force Shield, so as long as they don’t get any stronger I can..*Casts Berserk, all Stats up* ....silence....

*Me: YOU MOTHER #@&% !!!! :x :x

And that’s when I decided to write an Arena Guide :lol:
Krillin56

Postby Benjamin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:36 am

Krillin56 wrote:The Rubber Golems casting Force Shield, when they probably should be casting Magic Shield instead might be one those ones. I have to say even with that, both Golem fights are tough if you’re not prepared for them (and well designed too).

Funny story… I was fighting the Mana Golems for the first time and this was my exact thought process.

*Me: Ok, first I will hit these guys with “Fire Wall” and… huh?.. they’re immune to magic, well that Sucks! :|

*Me: No problem, I’ll just hit them with Johnny’s Warrior’s Challenge and Francis’ Sneak Att…*Casts Force Shield*.. what? Seriously? :?

*Me: Alright… I can still do a little damage to them even with Force Shield, so as long as they don’t get any stronger I can..*Casts Berserk, all Stats up* ....silence....

*Me: YOU MOTHER #@&% !!!! :x :x

And that’s when I decided to write an Arena Guide :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
-I AM THE GAME MASTER!
-Gay master?
-No! Not gay, GAME master!
Benjamin

Postby redmoon30 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:19 am

isnt there 4 arenas? i thought i beat 4 of them
redmoon30

Postby DozenMarks » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:37 pm

The fourth arena is just that little quiz thing as part of the Dragon Orb sidequest. You don't do any real combat and just answer a couple questions about the game and it's done, you can't even re-enter it I don't think.
DozenMarks

Postby redmoon30 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:59 am

oh yea thats what i was thinking about lol
redmoon30

Postby maryloucinderella » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:14 pm

Where is the fourth arena where you answer questions?
Last edited by maryloucinderella on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maryloucinderella

Next

Return to Game help and guides